Monday, February 9, 2015

Control Panel Update!



The control panel is complete!!! I first checked everything with the multimeter with no power and everything checked out.  Next came the power on test.  All looked good initially:

  • The power light came on
  • HLT temp sensor accurate
  • Mash Tun temp sensor accurate
  • Pump #1 worked
  • Pump #2 worked
  • HLT Controller was able to power HLT element outlet
  • HLT Element Control circuit switch worked
  • BK PWM powered on and seemed to function but no power to outlet......

OOOPS!!!

In my diagram I forgot to take into consideration that the PWM runs on 120 Volts AC but it's control leads are 12 Volts DC!  I wired the PWM side the same as the HLT side SSR which promptly destroyed the DC controlled SSR.  I rewired and tested to find that the PWM didn't seem to suffer any damage.  I ordered a new SSR and everything should be a go when it arrives.

I will update this post when it arrives....

*** Update ***  The SSR arrived and worked perfectly when installed.  All systems GO!



No comments:

Post a Comment