Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Remaining Projects

These are the remaining projects that need to be completed before I can set the first brew day:
  1. Installation of a two bowl laundry sink next to the brewery with an extra hose connection valve on the cold line for use when filling the HLT. 
  2. Mount the control panel to the wall using a re-purposed TV wall mount.
  3. Mount the two Chugger pumps to the mash tun wire rack.
  4. Measure and assemble all quick connect (BL and BigC) hoses.
  5. Installation of the vent hood above the boil kettle. This includes modification of a 30 quart stainless bowl as the hood itself, mounting of the 190 cfm exhaust fan through the top of the bowl, mounting the motor and bowl to a re-purposed TV wall mount and install of the outside vent and flexible hose.
  6. A full test and walk through of the brew process using only water.  
I will be calling the plumber today to set an appointment and based on their availability I will determine when to order the sink. Tonight I will be cutting the stainless bowl for the exhaust fan and mounting the pumps to the MLT wire shelving unit.   Wednesday night I will be borrowing my Dad's hammer drill to get the two TV mounts bolted to the wall and I am hoping to have a friend come over this weekend to help get the outside vent flapper and hose installed.

No comments:

Post a Comment