Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Fermentation controler completed!



There are plenty of websites out there that have plans for these and the wiring is easy so I won't go into any real detail.   The main component I used was an STC 1000 controller from Amazon.  This controller has a lot of bang for the buck.  It is a dual mode device, that is it can cycle between both heating and cooling with out having to manually make the change.  In the pic, the bottom outlet connects to a heat source and the top plug connects to the cooling source.  What I am planning to do is use an old chest freezer to do the cooling and tape a FermWrap to the front inside as the heat source.  I purchased a long thermowell that I am going to mount through a fermenter lid to house the temperature sensor.

Can't wait to try making a Lager!

No comments:

Post a Comment